I am an Australian citizen but currently work and reside overseas. Can I borrow to purchase a property in Australia for investment purposes or alternatively to live in as an owner occupier if I return to Australia?

Thursday, August 20, 2015

Yes you can borrow to purchase a property in Australia while working overseas.

The appropriate lender for your loan request will be determined by what currency you are being paid in, which country you are working in and whether you are self employed or salaried. Generally you can borrow up to a maximum of 80% of purchase price on this type of loan request.

Please contact Jonathan Cornish, one of our credit advisers, for more information. Got your own question? Ask us now!